Pages

Thursday 26 July 2012

I'm on a mission #1 - Fitness dvds

As I let you be part of my life I will also let you be part of my mission. My mission to lose some weight. yeah, I know. Of course I don't have to lose any weight and I know that I'm beautiful the way I am. I KNOW. But I also know that I am overweight and that I don't feel comfortable anymore and that I have to change something. I just have to. For those of you who have known me for a while know that I have never been the skinny one. never. that's ok. and I don't wanna be the skinny one. I just wanna be the healthy one. I wanna change my lifestyle. I will probably never be a marathon runner or something like that. But I would like to live a healthy and active lifestyle.
That is why I don't really have a goal weight. Well, maybe the weight I need so I'm in the range of healthy in terms of BMI. But I'm not like "I wanna be 60kgs otherwise I won't be happy". nope. not like that.

So what have I or let's say what have we done (as hubby has to get into this to. it's a team effort, a family thing)?

We have changed our eating habits. Well, let's be realistic. We are changing the habits. it's not always easy and we sometimes indulge in stuff we shouldn't. But we agree on the fact that we don't diet. We change our ways, which also  means we don't have forbidden foods. We just don't have fastfood that often anymore. We just have it on special/ certain occasions. We don't skip dessert on sundays, we enjoy it. we just don't have dessert every day. We eat loads of vegtables and fruits. Still eating carbs but not having pasta every day. You get the groove of it?
We also started exercising (again). Again because hubby used to workout when we met and kind of stopped (bad influence right here!). And I used to exercise more than I do know but I nver stuck to it. So we're trying now. No we work out regularly!

So that was the basic information you needed on the mission.
Now some words on fitness dvds. I have ordered 2 different fitness dvds. You might ask why I don't go to fitness classes like aerobics or something like that. I just don't like them. Especially when I go by myself. I just don't. Even though I paid for them, I end up not going. That's it. I just don't like them.

So here's the deal. I have bought the Jillian Micheal's 30 day shred and the Slim in 6 by Debbie Siebers.
The 30 day shred obviously takes 30 days and the slim in 6 is a 6 week program.  Marshmellow and I have done 10 days of the shred and stopped but we will take it up again. I started the slim in 6 yesterday and we will see.





I have also signed up for a weekly yoga class and I'm looking into a weekly spinning/indoor cycling class which won't start until the end of october.
The mission started!


me??? not quite! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment