Pages

Monday 6 August 2012

Let's talk the talk - tattoo time

If you've read the "about" section you might realized that I like tattoos. So does my husband. No, we haven't met at a tattoo convention or anything like this. And no, I don't have tattoos because he has some and viceversa. We each got our first tattoo before we met...
I have a total of  7 and he's got 7 as well but his are mostly interconnected so you can't really count them as individual tattoos anymore. Mine are all seperate. Some people like that, some don't. Some prefer them to be connected as one big piece of art and some don't. As some like tattoos and some don't. It's a question of preference and taste. And it's always gonna be like that.
So I respect it when someone doesn't like my tattoos or tattoos in general so please respect my opinions as well. thanks :)

I have wanted to get my first tattoo when I was about 15 years old. It wsa just beginning to be really fashionable at that time and there were said to be tattoos that supposedly faded within 4 years or so. well, I'm really glad I never got one. thanks to my dad. I wasn't allowed to get one. and i'm still very grateful for that decision! well, tattoos don't just fade away. but I was a naive littel gril who wanted a tattoo and was willing to believe it. who cares now. I didn't get one. just move on mel!

so I moved on and when I turned 19 I was down under travelling all by myself. I travelled around Australia for 2 weeks and then I moved to New Zealand visiting friends and family. I stayed with my NZ host-family for abour 3-4 weeks I think and there of course I wanted to get a tattoo and that's exactly what I did.




 me and my bestie in the summer of 2008



I went in there with my bff and we both got our first tattoo.


(yep, that's my wedding dress. but here you see my first tat. on the left it's already been extended. so it's just the middle part which is also called a "koru")




and since then I'm addicted. True words. I know it's clichée and so on but I do love my tattoos and I can't wait to get more. I would be covered in tattoos if it weren't for my job. if I would own my own business I would totally rock a full sleeve! I tell ya!!!!

let's move to some juicy photos! right?! not too juicy, though :) but there is some bare skin involved as I'm about to show you the artworks on my body.... be AWARE! Images of bare flesh ahead!!!!! :D

so the next one I got was this one:



it's on the inside of my left upper arm.


I got that in jan 2010. another reminder of the place I would call home *home is where your heart is...lalalalalala* do you know that song? the sounds it is... RANDOM! mel!
 as you may be able to tell it's the star constellation called *crux* or better known as southern cross..

next was this one in feb 2011


just freshly done that's why it's so red


it's latin and reads "fatum suam viam invenit" which is probably totally not making any sense as my latin grades sucked but still I traslated it myself and it is supposed to be meaning "destiny finds its way". ( now you can feature it on one of those pages where they show the tats that are spelled incorrectly)


Next one was in I think november 2011
it's a fleur de lis (on the right)


don't have another photo of it. sorry. but you get the idea.


google it and it gives you different meanings. religious ones and some about french royalty and so on. for me it's just that I liek the looks of it and it has three petals and 3 is the smallest number a family consists of. there you go ....think whatever you want to :)


next one was back in new zealand on our honeymoon Jan 2012.



(done by the same artist as the "koru" in the middle. same shop, same city.)


then I got this one round about end of jan/beginning of feb 2012
two gerbera daisies (favorite flowers) a black bow and the handwriting of our fav tattoo artist reading
"in my heart today and always" as a memorial tattoo of my grandy who passed away in feb 2011.



this on is on my right upper thigh.


and the last one so far : taaddaaaa!
a dandelion with my mum's handwriting reading "all the I am I owe to you" as I owe everything to her.



taking photos of by myself is kinda hard...


there are a few more planned already in my head.
I got a voucher of a friend for a cupcake tattoo. now I'm currently planning on the concept to go with it. I want it on my other upper thigh and I don't just want a cupcake. looks a bit lost I reckon. so I will make another post about that upcoming tattoo.

then I already have an appointment for feb 2013 at a czeck artist. his name is ondrash and he makes these wonderful aquarel tattoos. all I'm gonna say about that for now is that it's supposed to be for my dad.... the rest is still unwritten  undrawn... (somehow I have all these lyrics and songs in my head today)


for now I'm gonna go sing out loud and enjoy the rest of the evening with pup waiting for hub to come home from work!







 this is one of my hubs tattoos which he also got in NZ on our honeymoon. I will post his tats as soon as he is finished with his big project.

night, night!













No comments:

Post a Comment